Dr. Don Colbert – Sometimes, you just can’t get enough of a good thing. Take Pumpkin Spice. Simply, pumpkin spice is a mix of nourishing, delicious spices that provide a taste and aroma perfect for Autumn, Winter, and the Holidays. Next, take MCT Oil Powder. This incredibly healthy fat and brain-boosting nutrient should be an everyday part of an energizing, healthy diet. Put them together, and get more good things: Pumpkin Spice MCT Oil Powder!
This decadent Keto Zone® MCT Oil Powder flavor is delicious and incredibly healthy. Here’s how to use it (3 ways!), and why you should.
Keto Zone® Pumpkin Spice MCT Oil Powder – 3 Ways
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN SPICE BREAD
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop Keto Zone® MCT Oil Powder (Pumpkin Spice)
- 3 tablespoons cup granulated keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, organic
- Prepare a loaf pan (9″×5″) by greasing with butter or lining with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until completely smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the oven’s center rack for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool COMPLETELY. Then, separate the bread from the pan by scraping along the sides with a knife. Pop the loaf out onto a serving plate.
- To store, cover loosely overnight on the countertop, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Makes 12 servings. Enjoy!
Nutrition info (per slice): 118 calories, 10 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 2.5 grams net carbohydrates, (6 grams carbohydrates, 3.5 grams fiber), 4 grams protein
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- 4 ounces organic butter (grass-fed)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups keto powdered sweetener
- 1 scoop Keto Zone® MCT Oil Powder (Pumpkin Spice)
- Set the cream cheese and butter on counter and allow to warm to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer, beat all ingredients until smooth. Add a bit of water or almond milk, as needed, to get to desired consistency.
- Adjust sweetener to preference.
- Enjoy on pies, breads, desserts, or in coffee!
Nutrition info (per 2 tablespoons): 90 calories, 10 grams fat, 7 grams saturated fat, 1 grams net carbohydrates, (1 grams carbohydrates, 0 grams fiber), 1 grams protein
- Stovetop: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mix 1/2 cup water, pumpkin puree, Keto Zone® MCT Oil Powder (Pumpkin Spice), and Keto Zone® Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder. Heat and stir until melted and combined to form a syrup, about 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave: Combine all ingredients in a large microwavable mug. Stir well. Heat on high in 30-second intervals, and stirring in between, until melted and combined to form a syrup. Typically, it will take 1.5-2 minutes, or 3-4 intervals of heating and stirring.
- Add coffee and heated milk to syrup. Stir very well or place in a blender to combine and froth. Of note: when blending hot liquids in a blender, make sure to allow the steam to vent while blending by opening lid slightly. Blend with care at low speed. Make sure to not allow the hot liquid to explode out of the blender.
Nutrition Info: 192 calories, 16 grams fat, 8 grams net carbs (14 grams carbs, 6 grams sugars – naturally occurring, 6 grams fiber), 28 grams protein
7 Proven Benefits of MCT Oil Powder
1. SUPPORTS HEALTHY HEART AND CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION
There are three primary ways MCT oil improves cardiovascular health.
First, MCTs improve cholesterol profiles by decreasing LDL (bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL (good cholesterol). In turn, this improves the total cholesterol ratio.
In one recent study, 17 overweight women were given MCTs for 27 days. When tested, their LDL cholesterol decreased, HDL increased, cholesterol ratio improved, and plasma glutathione increased (a powerful natural antioxidant). Researchers stated that their cardiovascular risk profile was improved (3).
In another 2018 study, 96 adults consumed butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. When tested, LDL remained unchanged with coconut oil and olive oil. HDL significantly increased with coconut oil. This change improved the cholesterol profile in the coconut oil group (4).
2. FIGHTS INFLAMMATORY RESPONSES
Inflammation is at the center of most chronic diseases, and is linked to heart disease, diabetes, cognitive degeneration, and more.
MCTs can reduce inflammation in the body. In 2014, 30 adults with high cholesterol and inflammation consumed MCTs for 30 days. When retested, scientists found significant reductions in LDL, increases in HDL, and reductions in C-reactive protein (a marker for inflammation) (5).
3. SUPPORTS BRAIN HEALTH, ENERGY AND FOCUS
When you’re in ketosis, and you consume MCT oil, your body is able to produce increased ketones.
Currently, scientists are studying the effects of ketones, like those from MCTs, in preserving healthy brains and inhibiting degradation from aging (6).
Additionally, researchers have found that ketones are usable fuel for the brain in those with Alzheimer’s disease, similar to young healthy brains. (7). In Alzheimer’s disease, there’s an impairment in the use of glucose by the brain. Utilizing ketones in the brain rather than glucose may result in memory improvements and brain function (8).
Here’s what researchers found: Ketones are associated with many benefits, including reduced brain degradation from aging and improved brain function (9).
4. PROMOTES HEALTHY WEIGHTS
Amazingly, MCTs can promote healthy weights and BMIs. This is great news since even moderate weight loss can improve cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugars, and inflammation.
5. ENCOURAGES OPTIMAL BLOOD SUGARS
MCTs can improve blood sugars and decrease insulin output, thereby improving health and fat metabolism (12).
In fact, MCTs can help reduce the risk of diabetes by:
- Decreasing insulin resistance
- Providing an alternate energy source to carbohydrates
- Preserving beta-cell health (decline in these cells contributes to diabetes)
- Promoting weight loss
In one recent study, scientists concluded that MCT oils provided benefit to beta cells in both mice and humans. One key to combating diabetes is improving the health of these cells (13).
Additionally, a 2016 animal study showed that MCTs improved both insulin resistance and inflammation. (14).
While more human studies are needed, MCT oil powder is a promising supplement to help improve diabetes outcomes.
6. SUPPORTS HEALTHY DIGESTION
Amazingly, MCTs can fight unhealthy yeasts while supporting an increase in healthy bacteria and absorption in the digestive tract (15). Unhealthy yeasts plague many people and cause a myriad of digestive and health issues.
Digestive diseases can affect the body in many ways, including:
- Poor absorption, stunted growth, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and low energy
- Direct digestive symptoms such as constipation, bloated, and cramping
- Declining digestive tissues with the risk of ulcers, hemorrhoids, decreased healthy bacteria growth, fungus and yeast overgrowth, and diverticular diseases
MCT oil powder eases digestion, since bile isn’t needed to digest MCTs. In fact, MCTs go from the intestines directly to the liver, and the body quickly uses them as energy or storage. MCTs can nourish those who can’t digest nutrients well.
In one 2018 study, MCT supplementation decreased intestinal candida overgrowth in preterm infants. The candida decreased during supplementation, then increased again once it was stopped (16).
MCTs can improve healthy bacteria levels, fat-soluble vitamin absorption, and energy metabolism (17).
7. PROMOTES YOUTHFUL ENERGY AND ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
If you’re looking for a fuel that increases energy, MCTs are one such fuel. Once delivered to the liver from the intestines, MCTs increase energy output in the mitochondria, which are the energy producers in cells (18).
In addition, athletes typically look for ways to decrease lactate levels. When recreational athletes consumed MCTs, they experienced lower lactate levels during moderate and intense workouts than they did with other fats. This may lead to improved endurance and performance (19).
Other researchers found that MCTs reduce high-temperature exercise performance issues and improve overall performance (20).
It’s never a bad time to add more pumpkin spice to your life. Enjoy our delicious Keto Zone® Pumpkin Spice MCT Oil Powder with these 3 recipes this year. And, let us know your favorite ways to enjoy it!
To read the original article click here.