Secret Detox Drink Recipe (A Natural Detox Drink Recipe)
Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS – If you are feeling weighed down and sluggish, it may be time for my secret detox drink, which can help cleanse your body and make you feel rejuvenated. For many years, I’ve added detox drinks to my health regime because as toxins leave my body, I feel clear-headed and energized. Plus, recipes like this one don’t require a blender or juicer, so they are simple and easily accessible.
This is a simple beverage recipe that takes only minutes to prepare and includes key ingredients for natural detoxification, including lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. It’s both refreshing and energizing, so give it a try today for the little boost we all need from time to time.
Why Drink the Secret Detox Drink?
Unfortunately, it’s nearly impossible to avoid the everyday chemicals that threaten your health, especially when they’re hidden in our clothing, furniture, soaps and shampoos. On top of that, we are constantly exposed to environmental pollutants, and dangerous chemicals in our foods like heavy metals, pesticides and preservatives.
In order to avoid toxic overload that will leave you feeling fatigued, moody, bloated and achey, it’s a great idea to use detox drinks to help cleanse and purify your body.
My secret detox drink contains some of the best ingredients for detoxification. Apple cider vinegar has shown to improve your metabolism and digestive function, while working to cleanse your liver and lymphatic system.
Lemon juice has an alkaline effect on your body and helps to regulate your pH levels. Drinking lemon water, or adding it to your drinks and juices, can help to boost your energy levels, detoxify your body, keep skin glowing (thanks to vitamin C) and improve immune function.
Cinnamon, cayenne pepper and ginger contain therapeutic compounds that help to reduce inflammation, aid digestionand boost your metabolism, which is a helpful step toward weight loss. That’s why drinking ginger tea, for example, is so popular. It contains valuable compounds that boost your health and promote detoxification.
An optional ingredient for your detox drink is raw honey. I like to add raw honey to many of my health drinks and detox smoothie recipes because it’s a nutrient-dense natural sweetener. It adds a little sweetness to this drink while nourishing the body with antioxidants.
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12–16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½–1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.
Secret Detox Drink Nutrition Facts
- 48 calories
- 0.5 grams protein
- 0.4 grams fat
- 11 grams carbohydrates
- 1.2 grams fiber
- 6 grams sugar
- 0.8 milligrams manganese (47 percent DV)
- 753 IUs vitamin A (32 percent DV)
- 13.3 milligrams vitamin C (18 percent DV)
- 0.07 milligrams vitamin B6 (6 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams vitamin E (4 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams iron (4 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligrams vitamin B3 (3 percent DV)
- 10 milligrams magnesium (3 percent DV)
- 120 milligrams potassium (3 percent DV)
- 0.02 milligrams copper (3 percent DV)
How to Make the Secret Detox Drink
- The first step in making my secret detox drink is to warm 12 to 16 ounces of water.
- Now all you have to do is add your ingredients. Start by adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your warm water.
- Then stir in ½ to 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- The last two ingredients are 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw, local honey, which is optional, but will add a little sweetness to your drink.
- Stir it all together, and your detox drink is ready to enjoy. I like to have it when it’s still warm, but you can drink it at any temperature.
For more intense detoxification, I recommend drinking this detox drink three times daily about 20 minutes before meals for two weeks to flush out toxins. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to cleanse your body and boost your energy, have this drink once a day before breakfast or lunch.
To read the original article click here.
For more articles from Dr. Axe click here.