Dr. Colbert’s Tangy BBQ Sauce
Dr. Don Colbert – Independence Day is a day to celebrate the strength and patriotism of our wonderful nation. And what better way to honor our nation, than to come together with your beloved family and friends for an outdoor summertime BBQ.
But with all the Keto Zone restrictions, it’s difficult to fully enjoy a BBQ without analyzing every little ingredient in your family’s recipes.
Can you really relish in America’s birthday without indulging in an all-American BBQ sauce? Absolutely not.
Luckily, you don’t need to rely on a sugar-filled, store-bought BBQ sauce to fulfill your ceremonious cravings.
Dr. Colbert’s Tangy BBQ Sauce is a low-carb, low-sugar recipe devotedly designed for every Keto Zoner, who is proud to be an American.
The Tangy BBQ Sauce pairs perfectly with our Keto Zone Braised Beef Short Rib and Keto Zone Bacon Burgers – or sharewith us a BBQ creation of your own!
- 2 medium tomatoes, pureéd
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 ½ tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, stir together the tomato pureé, apple cider vinegar, powdered erythritol, liquid aminos, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir frequently until mixture comes to a simmer
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool to room temperature. If desired, add more cayenne pepper
- Place BBQ sauce directly on food or refrigerate if not using immediately
For more articles from Dr. Colbert click here.