Dr. Don Colbert – [These] spicy chicken drumstick recipe is sure to be a hit this [week]!
Spiced with chipotle peppers, these drumsticks pack a punch in both flavor and nutrition.
Chipotle pepper powder has a number of health benefits. They are anti-inflammatory, filled with antioxidants, and thermogenic, which means they can aid in weight loss, support cardiovascular health, boost immunity, and stimulate digestion.
Additionally, our Keto Grilled Chipotle Garlic Chicken Drumsticks recipe provides a considerable amount of healthy fat and protein. When paired with a salad full of vegetables and healthy oil, you can create a perfect keto macronutrient profile.
With a recipe this delicious and nutritious, you have no reason to not stay in the Keto Zone this Memorial Day weekend!
Grilled Chipotle Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
3 pounds organic chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon organic cumin powder
1 tablespoon organic chipotle powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
- To make the marinade: combine avocado oil and lime juice in a large baking dish.
- Whisk until well-combined.
- Add in the garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Continue to whisk until seasoning is well incorporated.
- Add chicken into the dish and toss to coat in marinade.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for 2-6 hours, turning the chicken every hour or two.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Arrange chicken on grill and cook for about 10 minutes
- Flip chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden.
- Remove chicken from grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
Calories: 255 kilocalories
Fat: 15 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Net Carbs: 3 grams