Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CN – Fresh blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, as they’re low in sugar but packed with flavor. They often make their way into my smoothies and pancakes, or just on top of my homemade granola.
But for a real treat, my wife Chelsea and I love to make up this Easy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe. It’s relatively easy to make, gluten-free, full of the best ingredients and delicious.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants. One study compared the antioxidant capacity of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries and found that blueberries not only contained the highest total antioxidant capacity, but also contained more of many specific types of antioxidants, including phenols, flavonoids and anthocyanins.
- Almond flour: People love almond meal because it’s a gluten-free flour, and it’s also a great choice for anyone on a low-carbohydrate diet. If you’re a following a Paleo diet or looking to bake without grains, almond flour is pretty much a must-have in your pantry as well. This flour is made of almonds and only almonds, which are first blanched to remove the skin and then ground up to a very fine consistency.
- Coconut flour: It is high in fiber, protein and healthy fats and free from wheat and other grains. Coconut flour is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories. Plus, this flour has a low score on the glycemic index.
- Maple syrup: Similar to the contrast between whole and refined grains, unrefined natural sweeteners like maple syrup contain higher levels of beneficial nutrients, antioxidants and enzymes compared to white sugar.
How to Make Blueberry Cobbler
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil. Melt the butter in a small pan at low heat.
Rinse the blueberries in cold water and then place into the dish.
Stir the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Separately, whisk together melted butter, maple syrup and extract.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together, stirring in the flax. Once well combined, quickly stir in cider vinegar.
Pour batter onto berries, spreading up to the edges. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
My wife Chelsea and I love to make up this Healthy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe. It’s relatively easy to make, full of the best ingredients and delicious.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter, soft
- drop of almond extract
- 3 tablespoons flax-meal whisked with 9 tbsp warm water, allowed to plump up for 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (to be added last)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil.
- Pour the Blueberries in pan, reserving a few berries for the top if you wish.
- Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Separately, whisk together butter, honey, and extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together, stirring in the flax. Once well combined, quickly stir in cider vinegar.
- Pour batter onto berries, spreading up to the edges.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
To read the original article click here.