Dr. Don Colbert – Are you looking for a low-carb mashed potatoes alternative?
While delicious, mashed potatoes are unfortunately loaded with starchy carbohydrates that will knock you out of the Keto Zone and sabotage your weight loss progress.
That is why we are sharing this delicious creamy keto cauliflower mash recipe.
Cauliflower is an amazing ketogenic food. This low-carb vegetable is chock full of fiber and micronutrients while being low in starchy carbohydrates.
Now you can have all of the delicious flavor and creamy texture of mashed potatoes without spiking your blood sugar!
1 large head organic cauliflower
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
3 cloves organic garlic, minced
4 organic chives, chopped
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon organic black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water over medium heat.
- Chop cauliflower in half and cut in to florets.
- Place cauliflower florets in to a steamer basket.
- Put steamer basket in to the pot of boiling water and cover.
- Steam cauliflower for about 15 minutes or until florets are soft.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, mince the garlic and chop the chives.
- Once cauliflower is cooked transfer to a food processor.
- Pulse cauliflower in the processor until a coarse mashed consistency is reached.
- Add in garlic, butter, spices, and half of the chives.
- Continue to process until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer the mash to a serving bowl and top with remaining chopped chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 151 kcal
Total Fat 14 g
Total Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net carbs: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Recipe adapted from myketokitchen.com